NEW BLOGS ARTICLE

GW-9400 Rangeman arrived


GW-9400 Rangeman arrived


Well, you all know what this one is. If you're still not Rangemaned out by now (I can understand if you are), please read on.

After A LOT of umming and ahhing over the 9400J or the 9400BJ i went for the straight up positive display version. I really like the look of the 9400BJ but just didn't want to risk a disappointing neg display. Especially having no way to try before i buy... bought, whatever.

Without further delay, here are some pics. Not going to lie, I had a disappointing start. First of all Quelleheure delivered it in an envelope which I've never had before. Admittedly, it was in perfect condition inside but I think a watch costing this much should come in a box. Anyway, no matter. Opened it up and there is a standard JDM box staring back at me. Now, I know many JDM Gs come in these, but I was expecting something a little more special. I checked back on Rakuten and it says, Accessories: Exclusive Box. So, maybe lost in translation again or maybe not. I'm interested to see when more arrive here on F17 what boxes they came in.

Name:  Rangeman_01.jpg Views: 1247 Size:  232.8 KB

Boring box.


Name:  Rangeman_02.jpg Views: 1255 Size:  282.4 KB

Not bored any more.


Name:  Rangeman_03.jpg Views: 1242 Size:  245.3 KB

Still don't know what I really think of the design. At the moment, I like its angular ruggedness but there's something thats not quite cohesive about the whole thing. I'm going to try to wear this exclusively for at least one week to see how my opinion changes with it on my wrist.


Name:  Rangeman_04.jpg Views: 1258 Size:  289.7 KB



Name:  Rangeman_05.jpg Views: 1240 Size:  234.7 KB

I am liking the buttons and the back... a lot. The buttons have a really nice spring to them and the module is fast and responsive. Never been a huge fan of metal keepers but I'll see if that changes.


Name:  Rangeman_06.jpg Views: 1415 Size:  185.5 KB

Size comparison next to the GW-9200 Riseman and a 200 frog. Its a pretty big watch but it does wear smaller than its bulk. I have been mostly wearing the Riseman for the last week and the Rangeman feels much heavier. Unlike the 9200 I don't think I will forget I'm waering this one.


Name:  Rangeman_07.jpg Views: 1221 Size:  209.5 KB

Wrist shot


Name:  Rangeman_08.jpg Views: 1441 Size:  126.0 KB

Backlight wrist shot.


Thoughts in no particular order:

Its heavy but feels good on the wrist.
I like the longer backlight duration time. Its necessary on a watch with so much info .

Alarm tone still not great, I tested it next to the Riseman and I would say its exactly the same. Not a huge problem as the Riseman is what I use as an alarm every day but if you are a heavy sleeper it probably not going to work.

The CF strap is exactly the same length as the Riseman one which I'm happy with as I thought like some of Casio's other CF straps it would be excessively long.
As has already been pointed out holding the D button takes you back to the home screen, I like a lot.

Hitting C button in home screen immediately starts the stopwatch going. Unlike the CDT on the GD-350, where you can't do anything other than start it. This quick key actually jumps you into the stopwatch mode so you can, stop, reset and split as well.

I'll add more here as more thoughts from experience occur. Thank you for reading and if your Rangeman is on its way, I hope this helps to alleviate the wait. 

Credit for "MCZK" WUS Forum to share this...
Source Link - Here 

Share this:

 
Copyright © 2014 ALL ABOUT WATCHES. Designed by OddThemes